Wednesday 11 November 2015

Unexpected Encounter

      I'm thankful for the university ministry as part of my time in Bangladesh. I'm not much of a writer but I really felt like I'm supposed to share the story of  one student in particular that I met. He comes from a very conservative Muslim background.  The next day after I met him I received an email about a dream he had.  In this dream he said I took him into a garden. In the garden a man appeared  in white whom he said was Jesus. He said I was in the dream and Jesus said that I had come to tell Him the truth. Jesus also told him  that he needed to trust me and all that I say because it is of Jesus. In the dream I told him to love Jesus and that he would make him happy and make everything beautiful. He said Jesus told him, "My son, study more about me . Everything is opened and seek the truth . Don't be fearful . You will get peace." 

      This man said that he didn't know why he should  trust me when we first met. He thought about why he should  trust a person he had just met. After this dream he was so eager to see what I had to say. I gave him a Bible and  he accepted Jesus into his life.    This man's story has really moved me. Already he is willing to do everything he can to follow Jesus. He understands that to be a Christian you should  tell others about Jesus.  There are so many out there that are persecuted for what they believe in. It took me so long to really grasp this in my life. I had been so complacent in my faith. The term evangelism seemed so scary to me. I didn't really understand that there are so many different ways to tell people about Jesus.  

      There was another man we met who said he had been waiting three years for someone to give him a Bible. Once one of the girls on my team gave him a Bible he accepted Jesus into his life. This is just a reminder to me of how powerful the Word of God is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment